Thursday, February 7, 2008

Happy Chinese New Year - Kung Hei Fat Chow!



Do I celebrate Chinese New Year? No, but I am aware of it. In my life I've read about Chinese Astrology, and now, I teach Tai Chi and QiGong.
What is Tai Chi? This is a simple answer - Tai Chi is an ancient martial art that blends martial arts with therapeutic exercise. Tai Chi combines mental focus with slow, deliberate, graceful movements that improve concentration, strength, agility and balance.

The practice of Tai Chi may contribute to being able to better stand, walk, move, run, etc. in other areas of your life. Recent studies have shown Tai Chi to improve balance, reduce arthritic pain, and reduce shingles occurrence.


I teach the Yang Long Form, 108 movements, of Tai Chi to a seniors only class.


Twice a year my Tai Chi class goes out to dinner together. It gives us a chance to socialize outside of class. We're going to dinner, tonight. Kung Hei Fat Chow!




Dragon Photo Christopher Chan
Tai Chi Photo Phil McElhinney

2 comments:

klasieprof said...

WOW. How was your dinner????
Update please!!
I love doing things with the same people in a VERY different setting--you learn SO much!!!...Who orders wine, who refrains...lol, alot of my thinking is from coming out of the Right wing movement..so I laugh when I find another 'ghost'...I guess who orders alcohol is one of them!!

Thanks! great post.

Bryan said...

This is a very interesting post on improving your concentration. The ability to concentrate is highly important, especially for students. At http://www.attention-deficit-disorder.net they offer numerous methods to aid you in improving you concentration. Give it a try! It definitely worked for me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...