Monday, May 12, 2008

Yesterday, I had a quiet Mother's Day. Which for me is ideal. I received my gifts via U.S. Mail and sent mine the same way. We've never been big on Mother's Day celebrations, and we don't live close any more. Carrie is 2,568 miles away, Sharon is 65 miles away, and Mom is 72 miles away. 65 & 72 miles may not seem too far, but we'd rather get together on our time, not Hallmark time.

From Sharon I received some wonderful Mango bath products. She knows what I like, no florals because of allergies.


From Carrie a handmade Market bag. She picked one with the Left Coast on the label. It's from Etsy, we're big on Etsy, in our family.




I sent my Mom food. She's 86, still drives, and is very active, but I thought some variety in her diet might be nice. I received a catalog from Home Bristro, and really liked the look and variety. I picked out 4 dinners I thought she'd like, she's not a fussy eater. She was thrilled with my selections. They arrived packed in ice ready to go into her freezer until she wants to use them.

5 comments:

Allie said...

Happy Mother's Day Jan!

ALF said...

Mango stuff from The Body Shop is the BEST! Glad you had a good day.

Memarie Lane said...

I love Etsy too.

I got my mom a hanging butterfly garden. For some reason she always buys me a gift too, this year she got me a Willow Tree box. I'm normally very anti-knick knack, but I make an exception for Willow Tree.

Unknown said...

Sounds like nice Mom's Day happenings even if you couldn't get together. I sent my mom and grandma gift cards for JoAnns Fabric store - not what I originally planned but I'm going on 2 weeks of being sick. :(

I got some lovely Fuschia form my daughter and my oldest son brought me cut flowers then hubby cooked us all dinner. :)

Mary Alice said...

Ohh Mango sounds nice. Happy belated Mother's Day Jan.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...