Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Word Graphics

I was asked by a couple of people how I did the word graphics for my Fun Monday post, this week. It's really simple.

First you need to know, like Mrs. G, I learned everything I know about computers from the Amish. Second, I'm not afraid of much, so I get in there and just do things. My son-in-law, Ole and my computer guy Mike, will attest to this.

Now, here's how I did mine:

First, go to wordle - (http://wordle.net/) and create you word cloud. You can either copy and paste a bunch of words or enter a URL of any blog. If you do the URL, it will grab the words from your most recent posts. It doesn't do any good to specify a particular post, for that you need to copy and paste. At the bottom, click on save to gallery.

Second, to to the gallery and save your word cloud(s) to a folder in you pictures file, maybe call it Wordle, so it's easy to find. I did so many (7) because they are small, and I wanted a bigger presentation.

Third, go to Mosaic Maker - (http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/mosaic.php) and put together a mosaic of your little wordles, to make a larger presentation. I did one with 2 rows x 2 columns, and one with 1 row x 3 columns. Save this to your computer.

Now from your saved mosaic(s), you can upload to your post.


Here are examples using the words from this post, only.





Here's a different mosaic, of us being goofy at the minor league baseball game.

5 comments:

Keetha said...

Thanks for the primer. I'm going to give that a go!

Jan AKA Wammy said...

Aren't those the coolest things! We have one on each of our blogs. I love how they change...I try to do one once a week to see what the hot topic is.

dot said...

I haven't tried those yet. I love your ballgame photos!

Unknown said...

How fun! I'm not sure which one I like more, the goofy people or playing with words. :)

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

This is annoying me now becaue Wordle just won't work for me :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...