Monday, December 22, 2008

That's My World Tuesday


This was my world on last Thursday. I drove 80 miles to deliver my Mother's Christmas and birthday gifts.

Our valley was surrounded by snow on the nearby foothills. Snow levels were down to 1500 feet. Very unusual.

Mom lives in Seal Beach Leisure World. This huge globe is the symbol of her community. It rotates 24/7.

This is my Mom, and I. Tomorrow, the 24th, will be her 87th birthday.

I visited the Seal Beach pier, just 2 miles away from Mom's house.

I stood on the pier and shot photos of my home town, Long Beach, California about 6 miles away. The white dome was home to Howard Hughes' Spruce Goose, for many years, and in the center of the photo is the Queen Mary. It's now a museum and hotel. The Queen Mary has been in Long Beach for many years. Below is the skyline of downtown Long Beach.


To see every one's World, please visit That's My World.
Your My World Team:  Klaus | Sandy | Ivar | Wren | Fishing Guy | Louise

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...