This is easy and wonderful. If I serve another desert at Christmas or Thanksgiving, my youngest grandson is very disappointed. Even my Mom asked for the recipe!
Upside-down Pumpkin Cake
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (12 ounce) can low-fat evaporated milk (or non-fat)
- 3 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (18.5 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-baking pan.
In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar and spices. Mix well, and pour into a 9x13 inch pan. Sprinkle dry cake mix over the top. Drizzle with melted butter. Top with nuts.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
Serve with whipped cream or Cool Whip.