Thursday, February 26, 2009

Security

This prompt is from The Daily Good: What is the real meaning of security to you?

This is a hard question. Security means different things to different people. I love this quote that was included with their post:

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing." --Helen Keller

I think Helen Keller's quote is wonderful. 

I do try to avoid obvious danger, but have "jumped in with both feet", many times.   I've decided Life's just better that way.

How about you, what does Security mean in your life?

4 comments:

Daryl said...

Right now, security means having a job and despite the shrinking retirement nest egg keeping upbeat ... as a 'kid' I always jumped in with both feet .. being an Aquarius I have never been one to think before I leap ... its kinda fun

Anonymous said...

Food. Shelter. Water. Health. Family.

v said...

That's an eye-opening quote. And, I agree. Life is an adventure to be embraced. Go for it.Be Beautiful

Louise said...

Security I guess for me is a home and the necessities that are required for life. But jumping in with both feet is fun. One has to be rational, but one can't be afraid to try new things and ideas.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...