Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Reading

Do men and women read differently? The Telegraph reported that a recent survey found women are more avid readers, and that "almost half of women are 'page turners' who finish a book soon after starting it compared to only 26% of men. . . . The survey of 2,000 adults also found those who take a long time to read books and only managed one or two a year were twice as likely to be male than female."

This rings true at our house. Bob reads about 50 books a year, I read between 120-150 books each year.

How about at your house?


If you find yourself unable to comment; please hit the HOME button at the top left of this blog.

8 comments:

Maria said...

Both my husband and I are passionate readers. But he reads much slower that I. While I read faster and faster the more thrilling a book gets, my husband keeps reading steadily and slowly.
I think that we read about the same amount of books. In addition to books, my husband reads some newspapers and weekly magazines regularly (he's retired), while I love to get the news "second hand" :)
Interesting subject!
Our skies are so interesting now because rain and sunshine and dark clouds and white clouds and no clouds change rapidly. April weather!

Allie said...

I don't know, I've never kept track! I know I read a ton and my husband reads, maybe two.

Jientje said...

I read too many blogs right now.
But I pick the good ones, does that count?

Mary Alice said...

I would say that my husband and I both read the same amount...however our girls both read a lot more than our boy.

Living Life said...

That's alot of books. I was never a reader until recently. So, I am lucky if I read 3-5 books per year.

Hula Girl at Heart said...

I'm thinking the amount of books a man reads directly corresponds to the amount of time he spends in the bathroom.

At our house I read about three times more books than my husband. He tends to read more in the winter. I read year round.

Sally said...

I read way too much, and spend way too money on this habit! :)

Mrs. G. said...

My daughter and I are the readers in my house. I average about two a week if there are no crises.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...