Monday, January 28, 2008

Fun Monday: Bedside table








This week's Fun Monday is hosted by Angela of AOJ & the Lurchers. I decided to officially join. They have 59 members for this week, that's very exciting.








This is my bedside table. The books are a collection I've had for a while and have been meaning to read. I will read them. Maybe while I'm convalesing? Maybe. The photo is from a LAPD division Christmas Party we took our daughters to, twenty years ago. They are lovely daughters.








Here is a close up of the photo, remember it was the '80's.



It's, (the night stand), sqeezed into a corner, but I have this lovely wreath handing above it. I love hydengeas.


















The top drawer holds all sorts of things. French lessons, I've always wanted to go to France. Hiking brochures from when I lead a hiking club. All kinds of odds and ends.




The bottom drawer holds an amazing amount of pedicure items. I've worked retail for a long time. Seven years as a store manager, Victoria's Secret, This End Up Furniture and Crabtree and Evelyn, isn't that a mix. And now ten years part time, after I retired from working full-time; three years for a custom picture framer and seven years at Barnes and Nobel. All that time on my feet adds up to a lot of pedicure items. Oh and that yellow thing in the right hand corner is a pair of pants I got in Bermuda 3 1/2 years ago, and haven't hemmed. They're too long. I even bought the thread to finish them with but they ended up in the drawer and forgotten. Maybe by this summer. They are summer pants.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you're feeling better! I was actually surprised to get to peek in on you. :) I remember the 80s well. :) I miss that big big hair. :) Ok, maybe not.

Kim said...

I covet all those wonderful pedicure items. And I love the wreath. Hydrangeas are gorgeous.

Alison said...

Your drawer is so organized!! Lovely picture!! Hope you are feeling better...rest and take care!

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

The 80s was all about big hair weren't they!?

Attie said...

I loved the 80's!!!!!!!!
I thought so too very organized!!

Anonymous said...

I'll be over shortly for a pedicure.
Love the 80's picture. Nothing like those hair-dos, ever.

Carrie @carrieloves said...

Mom! That picture.. gah.

Jessica said...

Found you through Jettied... love the pedicure drawer! How wonderful!

Faye said...

Reba hair! We all had it! You've just given me an idea--I'm getting a floor lamp for bedside reading and then it should be tall enough.

Joy T. said...

Beautiful picture of the family. And Crabtree & Evelyn? LOVE Crabtree & Evelyn!

Mel said...

This is such a cool idea. I can't WAIT until my birthday (3 weeks), I'm getting a new camera, as mine is broke...and then maybe I will be able to participate in things like this!

Molly said...

Welcome to Fun Monday. Even your drawer is neatly arranged. I am duly impressed.

Serina Hope said...

I adore the 80s hair. What a great looking family!

Molly said...

Jan,
I did the numbers on my nightstand picture in Microsoft Paint. I wish that I had Photoshop.

Celeste said...

Funny how pictures that were taken 20 years ago don't looks so old these days.....time does fly doesn't it?

Hope you mend rapidly.

Linda said...

Ooo I want a drawer full of pedicure items! The most I have is a sander and a tube of callous removing cream. I like hydrangeas too! Get those pants out and wear them...this spring.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...