Monday, January 28, 2008

I'm Lucky

L U C glowing k Y

Yes, I had an appendectomy on Saturday. The truth is the whole experience was very unusual.
  • The usual patient with appendicitis is young, most are under 30. I'm 63.

  • The usual symtoms are abdominal pain is accompanied with nausea, vomiting, lack of appetite, and fever. I had stomach cramps, a touch of nausea and some chills.
I was in pain for 3 days, but it wasn't awful, just inconvenient. If it was awful I might of gone to the ER sooner. I'm very lucky. Now two days after surgery, I have some pain but it's very tolerable. I'm feel very lucky.

2 comments:

Peter @ Enviroman said...

Hi Jan,

Sorry to hear about your appendonomy (sorry spelling dummy). I had mine 20+ years ago.

Sorry for being inquisitive, but Jan to me sounds Dutch so should I call you Mevrouw Jan?

Hi

Thanks for leaving a comment in my post Favicon for your blog. I have responded to your comment.

Peter Blog*Star
Testing Blogger Beta (now New Blogger)

Claire B. said...

I also had an appendectomy a gazillion years ago. So we have that--and many favorite blogs--in common! Thanks for stopping by my place~I look forward to reading more about you.

Claire B.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...