Saturday, January 12, 2008

Reta



Today was Reta's 88th birthday. She is my next door neighbor. She's one of those great neighbors who will do anything for you. We have the keys to each other's homes. When we travel we use the keys to check each other's houses for any signs of trouble, critters, water leaks. We share things all the time about our families. She has a list of my girls phone numbers, in case of emergency and we have a list of her children's contact numbers, too.


She was out of town for the Christmas holidays, and still managed to rescue me. I'd run out of ice cubes, and much to the astonishment of my Mom and Sharon, went next door to replenish my supply. Having this kind of friend is really nice.


One Saturday nights Reta and I play dominos with a group that is just women. We rotate playing at each others homes. The oldest will be 90 in July, and I'm the youngest. I'll be 64 in July. As luck would have it last night the dominon game was at Reta's home. We stopped serving desserts or treats sometime ago, but since it was Reta's birthday and we were going to be in her home, I brought cupcakes.






Not only cupcakes but Cookie and Cream Cupcakes, in my new cupcake holder.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...