Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Are you romantic?

Carrie over at the gremlin rangler wants to know how you met your spouse. This is what she's asking: "I lurve to know how people met their spouse. If you don't have a spouse, then write about a BFF or loved one of your choice." She's setting up some links, check her out.

Anyway, I love the story of how Bob and I met, so here's a condensed time-line version.



Bob and I would have never met, if not for Scouting.

We went to the same High School, but not at the same time.

He's 4 years older.

We didn't live in the same neigborhood, either, we lived in a big city.

My scout leader, I was in Mariner Scouts, was married to his scout leader, he had been a Sea Scout.

I was 16, he was 20, when we met.

I was still in school, he had just come back from Survival School courtesy of the U.S. Navy.

This is a photo of the Sea Scout ship, Volunteer, we were just getting back from a trip to Catalina. Bob and I are in this pic.




I had a different boyfriend at the time, but at least we met.

We dated for the first time when I was 19.

He asked me to marry him on our 5th date.

We were married 7 months later, I was still 19.


Five couples met, then married, thru our scout groups, four are still married.

We've been married almost 44 years.

5 comments:

carrie said...

thanks for playing along, Jan!

I loved that last shot of your wedding. So pretty.

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

Oh, how sweet! I love your wedding dress.

Beth said...

Such a sweet post. I saw you on the gremlin wranglers mr. linky :) Your wedding dress reminds me of mine! I love that classic styling.

beth

Mrs. G. said...

I love happy endings! Sigh.

ummmhello said...

WOW!!! Apparently souting is the way to go if you want to find a soul mate!
LOVE the wedding pic - you're so obviously thrilled :)
44 years - I can't wait to be able to say the same thing :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...