Friday, March 21, 2008

Tree Cups of Tea

I did a review about Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin, on my book blog. Since I love the book so much, I thought I'd post a quote from the book, and maybe encourage someone else to read it. It's one of those books that stayed with me, I know I'll re-read it, and that's rare for me.



"If you educate a boy, you educate an individual. But if you educate a girl, you educate a community."


- An African proverb quoted by Greg Mortensen





This is a quote about the book from Tom Brokaw:

"Three Cups of Tea is one of the most remarkable adventure stories of our time. Greg Mortenson's dangerous and difficult quest to build schools in the wildest parts of Pakistan and Afghanistan is not only a thrilling read, it's proof that one ordinary person, with the right combination of character and determination, really can change the world."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...