Thursday, March 6, 2008

You know, 40 isn't so old


Last week, Bob stayed at Sharon's for 5 nights, he was out of town working a job. Staying at our daughter's saved expenses and he got to visit with her and Oden.




One evening Bob and Sharon were chatting and she said, "You know, 40 isn't so old." This is really funny, because when Bob and then I, turned 40, both of our daughters thought we were really old, stupid and probably near death.



As a revenge, Bob has been teasing both Carrie and Sharon about getting old, since they each turned 30. Now, 40 is fast approaching. Ha.



Birthday cake photo by primacakes' photos.

7 comments:

Dragonstar said...

Ha indeed! Did you ever get "What was it like living in olden times Mama?"
We started having kids late, and my first will be 30 in May. She says she'll be "Officially old!" . . . .

Carrie @carrieloves said...

Ha! I'm not scared... my body is scared, but I'm not scared! Thank goodness I live on the east coast... poor Sharon.

country mouse said...

Now that I'm 40 I look at my parents and think "60 isn't so old."

30 years from now I'll be looking at them with my 70 year old eyes thinking "90 isn't so old . . . "
: )

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

I am 13 months from turning 40. So far, it doesn't seem so bad. :-)

Unknown said...

Oh that's a great looking cake! I used to think 40 was up there, I always swore I would die by 40 and if I hadn't I kill myself. But, I'm 41 and counting and I don't feel that old inside me.

AVCr8teur said...

Glad to hear 40 isn't old, but as we get older, those years are sure going by faster. :P

Alison said...

40 is definitely not old..especially since I am just on the other side of it!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...