Friday, February 22, 2008

Favorite things



This rocker was Bob's Grandmothers. We really don't know how old it is. One day, one of Bob's aunts sent me a note, wanting to know if I wanted the rocker. I called her up and asked when could I come and get it. It was an unusual transaction, she said she wanted our family to have it, not her daughter or her sons, not Bob's sisters. I was only too willing to drive 100 miles to pick it up.


It's very small, about 34 inches at the top. Every time we have a short visitor, child or adult, they can't resist sitting in it. Bob's Grandma was under 5 foot.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

If it could talk, it wouldn't. It would sing =)

Alison said...

it is beautiful...I love old, sentimental objects..they are priceless.

Joy T. said...

Love old things like this, but I'm afraid at 5'7" I'd look pretty funny in it. Excellent for the little people though and something I can tell you're proud to own.

Unknown said...

What a cute little rocker~! And how sweet that she wanted you guys to have it. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...