This is Jo's assignment, this week: "March 2nd is my Mom's birthday and was her mother's birthday as well. For this week's Fun Monday, tell me something fun about your mother and/or her mother. What fun, weird, laughable memories do you have of your Mom or your Grandma?"
This is my Mom. I've known her for 64 years and have many memories of her, of course. I can't remember too many that fit the fun, weird, laughable catagories; so I'll tell you some things about her.
- Almost everyone who meets Mom, loves her.
- She goes to church at least once a week.
- She's 86 and still drives.
- She is always positive. She has several ailments that cause her pain, but she never complains.
- She is forever young. She has lived in a senior community for over 30 years, and doesn't socialize much, there, because the other residents are so old. (Many are my age or younger.) She will always tell you how young she is and/or how young everyone thinks she looks.
- She thinks the above photo I took 2 years ago, makes her look old.
- She has very strong genes, as witnessed in this bleary photo of me, Carrie, Mom, Bob and Sharon, taken by Oden last Thanksgiving.